From Dave Koz to Norman Brown, Krystal Cancun Timeshare has the lowdown on the festival’s lineup this September.
When most people think of jazz music, mental images of Bourbon Street in New Orleans pop into their minds. While it is true people can find impromptu concerts and classic jazz clubs in the Big Easy, what they won’t find are world-class musicians plying their craft by white sand beaches. For those travelers who want their jazz in a more tropical setting, Krystal Cancun Timeshare recommends the Cancun Jazz Festival, which takes place Sept. 3-6.
To prepare vacationers for the upcoming festival, Krystal Cancun Timeshare has released the list of its favorite musicians who are part of this year’s lineup.
- Dave Koz: Since the late 1980s, Dave Koz has played saxophone professionally. He has toured with Bobby Caldwell, Jeff Lorber and Richard Marx. Most recently, he has been the opening act on Barry Manilow’s “One Last Time” tour. A busy man, Koz has also hosted a syndicated smooth jazz afternoon show since 2006. Some of his most popular albums include At the Movies and Summer Horns, the latter of which was a collaboration between Koz and Gerald Albright, Mindi Abair and Richard Elliott. Krystal Cancun Timeshare recommends Koz’s “Saxaphonic,” which features guest appearances by singers such as Bobby McKnight and Marc Antoine.
- Richard Elliot: Born in Glasgow, Scotland, Richard Elliot is a Los Angeles-based saxophone player. He cut his teeth in the music business playing tenor sax with the funk band Tower of Power for five years in the 80s. He then released his first solo album in 1984, Initial Approach, and didn’t look back. He’s released 15 more solo albums since then, the last being 2014’s Lip Service. Krystal Cancun Timeshare recommends this album for its more romantic vibe, with seven original compositions and three covers, including When I Was Your Man by Bruno Mars.
- Norman Brown: Guitarist, composer and singer Norman Brown released his debut album in 1992, “Just Between Us,” on Motown Records’ Jazz label, Mo Jazz. He collaborated on the album with Boyz II Men and Stevie Wonder, among others. Critical success, however, came with his 1994 album “After the Storm.” In 2007, Brown’s single “Let’s Take a Ride” was a No. 1 smooth jazz radio hit. To catch up with Brown’s most recent musical style, Krystal Cancun Timeshare recommends his last solo release, “Sending My Love.” Just like Koz, Brown also currently hosts his own smooth jazz radio show.
These gentlemen are just three of the smooth jazz greats who will be featured at the festival. Others include Boney James, Keiko Matsui, Will Downing, Peter White and Marion Meadows.
Krystal Cancun Timeshare offers exclusive vacation opportunities for travelers looking to visit local events like this, go on underwater excursions, or just relax on the beach. Krystal will ensure that vacationers find the paradise that they’ve always dreamed of. To learn more, visit http://www.kivc.com/
There are many destinations that are ideal in the summer months and will allow June travelers to truly enjoy the time that they have away from home this year. Krystal International Vacation Club would like to recommend Puerto Vallarta as the perfect choice for these vacations. June is one of the best times to visit this stunning and thrilling destination with fantastic weather and a number of extraordinary vacation opportunities to be enjoyed throughout the month. It is also late in the peak season for Puerto Vallarta so crowds and rates are low, making this an affordable destination for those who want to travel on a budget. For these reasons and more travelers should be sure they consider visiting Puerto Vallarta this June. When travelers visit, Krystal International Vacation Club believes that one great way for them to spend their time in Puerto Vallarta is to participate in one of the local cooking class tours.
Krystal International Vacation Club knows that many travelers that head to destinations in Mexico do so because they want to get in touch with its vibrant culture. They can do this by getting involved in local events and celebrations, by visiting historical sites and museums in the area, and by going on tours. One of the best options for foodies out there that are planning on spending their summer vacations in Puerto Vallarta is the Puerto Vallarta Cooking Class. This 5 hour tour first takes attendees shopping for fresh ingredients in the local market, and it also takes them on a tour of a tortilla factory to get fresh dough to make their own tortillas as well.
Following the shopping excursion, attendees will be given lessons on how to make different local favorites from Puerto Vallarta. Throughout the class these participants will also get the chance to taste local tequila and the dishes that they are creating, and learn about the history of different dishes as well. Krystal International Vacation Club believes that these amazing cooking classes will help visitors get in touch with local culture and have some hands on experiences while they are enjoying their vacations in Puerto Vallarta.
When travelers are dreaming of a beach side getaway, they can depend on Krystal International Vacation Club to help them find the perfect one. Krystal offers members the ability to visit some of the most extraordinary resorts in all of Mexico where they can appreciate all that these stunning destinations have to offer. Krystal International Vacation Club gives travelers an authentic view of Mexico and a chance to experience an extraordinary getaway. To learn more about staying at one of the stunning resorts, visit http://www.kivc.com.
The best cuisine of Cancun
Vacationing in Cancun brings forth images of paradise, laying down by the beach and enjoying pure bliss. Krystal International Vacation Club knows that vacationing in Cancun also means dining at new restaurants, enjoying cuisine and restaurants that you may not have had before. The food during the vacation can be a big part of the experience, and for some, it’s probably one of the most important aspects. Here are some suggestions for great restaurants to go to in Cancun.
- Les Cepages is a French restaurant in its 4th anniversary, serving imaginative dishes with fresh, high quality ingredients. Their prices are significantly lower than others in the Hotel Zone of Cancun, considering the quality of their food. Their signature dish is a roasted rack of lamb with a mint demi-glaze. This can be a great restaurant for trying some cuisine you may not have tried before at significantly lower cost.
- Peter’s Restaurante has only been open for two years and it has already made TripAdvisor’s top 3 restaurants to eat at in Cancun. It’s locally owned and serves delicious dishes with shrimp, veal, beef, and pasta (vegetarian options are available). It also features a small wine list, though the selections of wine are all superb.
- Du Mexique is a unique restaurant in the downtown area that combines Mayan and French cuisine. The ambiance is described as “divine,” with each location in the restaurant looking its best, and it’s a great place to have a celebration of any sort shares Krystal International Vacation Club. The chefs are flexible as well, offering the option of requesting a dish if you don’t see something you want on the menu!
Krystal International Vacation Club knows that Cancún is a premier destination for travelers to visit from all around the world. Because of the wide range of attractions that this city offers, there is truly something for everyone. You can lounge on one of the pristine beaches in the area and sip on a fruity cocktail while soaking in the sun rays, splash in the water and surf the waves of the ocean, or explore the various historic sites that the city has to offer. One top attraction that visitors should check out when in Cancún is the Interactive Aquarium.
The Interactive Aquarium is a great place to take the whole family and get up close to these stunning sea creatures. This attraction offers a variety of exhibits such as Swim with the Dolphins, Fun with Sea Lions, Shark Encounter, and Dolphin Therapy. For those who want to swim with the dolphins, the aquarium provides three different programs that are perfect for people of all ages. Visitors can also put on snorkel gear and swim down and view sharks up close and personal through an acrylic wall.
Krystal International Vacation Club states that people can learn more about the lovable sea lions through a thirty-minute program where they can swim, pet, and feed these friendly creatures. Finally, guests should take the opportunity to get to know the dolphins through the innovative therapy program. Dolphins have been known to provide therapy to people and create a true connection with them. Guests are able to experience this at the Interactive Aquarium.
Krystal International Vacation Club knows that many people dream of getting married on a beautiful white sand beach that looks over the crystal clear waters. For those getting married soon, look no further than Krystal Hotels Cancún. This location provides the perfect combination of luxury, relaxation, and elegance for your wedding that will allow you to relish in your special moment with all the beautiful scenery that Cancún has to offer. This stunning resort in Mexico has the perfect backdrop for your wedding that will make your special day truly unforgettable.